I will have to improve on that in the months ahead. With Lent coming up next month, it will be my time to be off Facebook for 40 days. When that happens, my communication will be with this Blog. I think about writing a lot, but life gets in the way.
"In what way, you say?" Here is a neat, little list:
- I got remarried on November 24th, 2012
- Integrating a blended family that will have 4 kids, 2 adults and 1 dog come June 2013
- 17 year old teenager
- 13 year old tween
- Current job adventures and current job search for future better job
- Celebrate Recovery at Church every Monday as a Men's small group leader
- Men's Fraternity at Church every Thursday
- Financial considerations and house improvements
- Monthly bus trips to see my wife and visa-versa for her
- Teenage parent concerns
Have there been some casualties along the way? There have been some. And I originally looked at them this way.
- Lost a close friend after I began dating my now wife
- Strained relations with my son after moving into my house and since before the remarriage
- Loss of income and permanent lifestyle changes
- The loss of a friend opened a door to the discovery of my best earthly friend and now wonderful wife, who loves and supports me completely and in ways I could not imagine
- Re-learning to be a parent again after divorce and remarriage. To connect with my kids in new ways and strengthen relationships one day at a time.
- Learning to trust God for everything, especially financially. Also learning that the Dollar General, Aldi's and the Dollar Store have a lot for less...why did I not go there before?