Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Live Forever

And the Lord said, "My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, for he is indeed flesh; yet his days shall be one hundred and twenty years."
Genesis 6:3

It's amazing to think that in the time before the flood, during the age of the Patriarchs, the average lifespan was about 900 years.  After the flood, the average age leveled off to around 110.  In fact, there were several reductions in a Man's human lifespan.  Reduction #1 was after Adam sinned.  The average lifespan was around 900 years.  Reduction #2 was after the flood, when God reduced lifespan to around 120 years.   Reduction #3 was after Moses.  Psalm 90:10.  We read that the average lifespan has been reduced down to between 70 and 80 years. 

Consider this: If Genesis 6:3 did not exist in the Bible, it is still evident that man's lifespan was shortened from:  being infinite, to about 900 years, to about 120 years, to about 70 to 80 years.  We were meant to live forever.

I don't know about you, but when I was young, the world seemed so new wide open.  And to me, my parents seemed old.  Now today, I am 46 and I am that "old" parent according to my kids sometimes.  My how time flies.
 
I talked with a good friend last night and she said that life is like a blip when compared to eternity.  What we go through here is nothing compared to a forever without problems, disease or death.
 
People are trying to live forever.  Science is working to expand our lifespans.  Some would pay any amount to live longer.  Others are still looking for the fountain of youth, so they never grow old.  All these things and guess what?  All you need is Jesus in your life and you will live forever.  Not in this life, but in eternity with him.
   
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment