Saturday, July 2, 2011

The swimming pool....

Wow, apparently my Holiday blog post hit a nerve.  I received emails, FB postings, and messages.  Thank you for the response....

Funny how God uses things like an afternoon at the pool for some perspective.  I took my daughter and a friend she had overnight to the local pool for an afternoon.  I wanted to get some sun and tan.  (Got some sun alright...medic) and to relax and read.  We got there at 1....I read at 5 and left at 6.

While there, and in not a depressed, but quiet state, I ran into friends from the soccer club, a former neighbor from my last residence, someone I had not seen in over a year came over to talk and it made for a nice afternoon of conversation and catching up.

I also now have some calls to return to 2 dear friends of mine who were checking in on me.  Trust me, I am OK, but glad to know that you care.  Now if one of you were only not so darn far away....

No comments:

Post a Comment